Re: NVDA Curiosity

Ron Canazzi

Hi Carlos,

Yes, you are right. For sentimental reason, I kept an old XP SP3 system--mostly for storage and because I finagled a way to play some DOS games on it through the command line structure. But just this past week, the old faithful gave up the ghost: some sort of motherboard issue as well as a shaky hard drive. So I decided to replace it with a reconditioned Windows 7 Home Premium system for about $125 plus tax. I am used to having tons of back-ups in the event of a calamity so I am comfortable with 3 computers: my 2 Windows 8 systems (one to be upgraded shortly to ten or when I get the nerve) and the old XP system, now to be replaced with the Windows 7 reconditioned box. Oh for the tragedy of not hearing that old XP boot sound! I know you can configure the new system with the old sounds--but just like dating a blonde you really liked and then when she dumps you dating another blonde; it's really not quite the same <laugh>!

...And so it goes.

On 6/3/2016 2:49 PM, Carlos wrote:
Hello:

The newer the PC/machine; the less problems are encountered with new software!

At some point some NVDA users will be hit with the reality that Windows XP has lived a very very long life and wants to retire/be left alone!

There are a number of charitable organizations/groups that sell rebuilt PC's at economical prices that at least run Windows 7.

There are a number of software developers that warn customers that their software no longer will support vintage PC's!

So, if users insist on continued usage of old PC's/machines. Then don't complain/whine when operating systems/software does not run correctly on your machines!

Yes! I do sound like an old curmudgeon! And, I'm very proud to represent my age group! (55 Years and above)

On 6/3/2016 11:29 AM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I'm having no problems with the newest nvda and I use Firefox and Thunderbird--no issues at all.

Roger

On 6/3/2016 1:01 PM, Chris Shook wrote:
This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"