  because setting to laptop, nvda + down is Move to next line in review only

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan

Tyler Spivey 於 2018/10/19 15:08 寫道:

When you start a say all, NVDA sends the first chunk of text to your
synthesizer, including an index mark. Your synth needs to send that
back, so NVDA can move the cursor, send the next block of text and
repeat the process.

If something is interfering with this process, either a buggy synth,
synth driver or addon, then say all will stop working properly.

There's an easy test that might tell us. Hit say line twice to spell the
current line. If you only hear the first character, then it's your indexing.

On 10/18/2018 9:39 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't see what the synthesizer would have to do with the problem.
I've seen the same thing happen once in awhile.  the cursor doesn't move
down as text is read and after a little while, reading stops.
*From:* Tyler Spivey <mailto:tspivey@pcdesk.net>
*Sent:* Thursday, October 18, 2018 11:02 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Say all

This is most likely a problem with your synthesizer. Try another one.
On 10/18/2018 3:52 PM, Vlad Dragomir wrote:
Dear fellow users,

I hope someone will be able to tell me what I am doing wrong here.

I have a big .txt file, and I thought I would just sit back and ask NVDA
to read it to me by pressing the usual command, insert+down arrow.
Unfortunately after two or three paragraphs, the reading stops, and the
cursor is still at the beginning of the file. If I go down with the
arrow keys and find the place where it stopped reading, it does
continue, but again only for about a minute, and it stops again. Once
more, the cursor is where I left it.

Isn't it supposed to read the document until the end? Or at least until
we stop it? I tried Notepad, QRead, even Notepad++. The behaviour is the
same, so I presume I haven't configured NVDA correctly, but I can't
guess which setting is to be modified.

Thank you very much for enlightening me on this. I'd love to be able to
enjoy this book without having to go down line by line.

Warm regards,

vlad.