Re: question

Annette Moore

I started using NVDA earlier this year when I heard that Serotek may not be focusing much at all on System Access in the coming months and years, and that there was a good chance system Access wouldn't be updated at some point. Also, a friend of mine had been sort of gently pushing me to try NVDA. I'd had NVDA as a backup screen reader on my computer for years and used it in a pinch, but I really didn't know much about it and consequently was pretty intimidated at the idea of learning a whole new screen reader. I don't kno why, because I had to learn System Access at one point when I stopped using JAWS because I couldn't afford it. :) Interesting how learning one thing wasn't intimidating but the idea of learning yet another screen reader was. I bit the bullet, though, and learned it, and for the last several months, NVDA has been my primary screen reader. I love it!

Annette

On 10/21/2018 6:36 AM, Clare Page wrote:

Hi !

I started using NVDA most of the time in the second half of 2010, as the XP computer I had back then had power issues and NVDA used less resources than JAWS. When I replaced my XP computer with the Windows 7 laptop I am still using as I write this, my JAWS was too old for Windows 7 and I couldn’t afford to upgrade JAWS, so for nearly eight years now I have been using NVDA full-time. I used to say that I would probably use JAWS again if it’s needed for a job, but, now that I am unlikely to find a job, I expect to only use NVDA, which gets better and better every year, in my opinion.

Bye for now!

From Clare

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: samedi 20 octobre 2018 18:54
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] question

I started using NVDA full-time in 2011 because I could no longer afford the Jaws upgrades. I haven't looked back.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2018 9:51 AM

I started using nvda in 2010. I ditched the shark cold and made nvda my primary screen reader by the next day. I was and still am not good at using it but I can get around now that the laptop keyboard finally makes more sense.

Take care and love nvda.

On 19 Oct 2018, at 23:33, David Moore wrote:

Hi!

I started using NVDA over 30 percent of the time in March, 2015.

I had used it some clear back in 2007, and I used on a library computer at Ohio state University in 2008.

Now, I use NVDA at least 90 percent of the time, and I use it in situations that I never thought I would use it in.

Thank you for this community, and making NVDA and all add-ons what it is today!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2018 1:41 AM

Hi, I started with NVDA in Dec 2013. I put it on my system because I was going to use it for the trip to Vegas we were taking over Christmas that year. It has taken me almost 5 years to fully make the switch, though.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.