Re: NVDA success ( originally Curiosity)

Gene

I don't complain if some people express appreciation off and on, as they do on list.  But asking a general question such as how many people are not having problems with NVDA doesn't provide useful answers or information for developers.  The developers have information before the final release on the general performance of NVDA.  that's an important reason for releasing the RC or release candidates for testing before the final version.  It allows testing by a lot of people to see if problems exist.  If they do, the full version release may be delayed.  But the full version is released only after testing of the program indicates that no problems of any significance exist that are known.  But after a full version is released, far more people use it.  some problems that were not known earlier are commonly discovered.  That's what developers need to know, what unexpected problems are found. 

It's like asking people on a health list how many people don't have headaches today.  it provides no help nor useful information to those who do. 

And the original message didn't ask for messages of thanks or appreciation.  It asked how many people are not having problems with NVDA.  That is an entirely different request.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA success ( originally Curiosity)

Gene,

I believe that there is a magnificent team of developers who need to know that their great work has delivered huge assistance to me and to all others who enjoy a trouble-free experience with NVDA 2016.2!

I think it is really important to keep reminding them that this is so.

As we in the computer world well know, there is always  a new horizon to reach after the latest one has been reached. Therefore, I believe we should welcome those who are having trouble with the new release to explore the issue with open minds and offer all the means possible to collectively help to satisfy their needs. Some of their problems may have arisen because the new release has fixed the previous obstacles and now gives them the opportunity to go forward towards the functionality that they really want. This may bring up another stumbling block that has to be overcome. Such a discovery is not a negative for NVDA but a pointer to further growth.

I think the subject line should be separated to reflect these two conditions.

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2016 8:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Curiosity

Such questions may generate a lot of meaningless responses.  If 300 list members are not having problems. we will learn nothing useful by having them write to the list and saying they are not having probems.  Problems need to be reported to be corrected.  Nothing can be done when people write and say they are not having problems.  It doesn't help solve the problems some people are having and such messages don't help NVDA function better. 

Gee

Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 1:01 PM

Subject: [nvda] NVDA Curiosity

This goes along with my last post labeled NVDA devils advocate.
Over the last few days, I've noticed a lot of people pointing out
issues with the latest version of NVDA.
For a little perspective, how many people are not having these issues.
So far, everything has worked fine for me.
Is there any one else that is not having any problems with NVDA 2016.2?
Chris

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.