Re: winamp is on ninite

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Hey.

Well, not having any knowledge of where she got the address, I clicked on the link provided in the e-mail, and everything worked as expected, including the stream.

Looking at the url given now without the – character in place … it seems exactly the same. I’m guessing they registered both domains then.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: October 21, 2018 4:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] winamp is on ninite

Don't give what you guess is the address.  Check it.  go to the site and paste the link from the address field to the clip board and then into the browser.  There is no www.  Not all Internet addresses have www's.  There is no hyphen.  The correct address is:

Unless you are absolutely sure, beyond any doubt, chec the address.  It isn't just a question of inconveniencing people who try the incorrect address.  With well known sites, criminals purchase domains almost identical to the right one so that when someone enters the wrong address, usually from a typographical error, they will be taken to a hacker's site and malware may be attempted to be downloaded to the computer or attempts may be made to induce the user to give personal information.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 2:27 PM

Try www.legend-oldies.com.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 12:25 PM

Hm, what's the stream url? I'll try some things.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: October 21, 2018 3:17 PM

Yes.

Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 12:16 PM

I wonder if the pre-amp is even working, then?
Did you have this problem with Winamp 5.666?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: October 21, 2018 3:04 PM

I tried doing both the system tray and with the equalizer and nothing worked. The volume is as high as it'll go and it's still very low. I don't know what else to do.

Rosemarie

Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 11:55 AM

That probably has little to do with winamp.
Couple of things you could try if you haven't:
Make sure Winamp has a high enough volume set in your Windows audio mixer. You can get to it from the system tray. If you have Windows 10, you can control the output volume of the various applications that use audio. Not good for fine-tuning in my experience, but if you find a programme always has a low volume, it doesn't hurt to check.
Make sure the volume in Winamp is high enough. Up and down arrows usually control this, as you probably know.

Finally, winamp has a pre-amp as well. This is for boosting the amplitude of sounds that have a low output volume, IE, the volume of the stream or file itself is low. Open the equalizer with alt-g. You'll probably have to ctrl-tab to put focus on the equalizer. Then, hit the grave accent key to increase the preamp power. You don't want to do this too much or else you'll get distortion. Just boost the sound until it's comfortable.

Sent: October 21, 2018 2:10 PM

I just tried the new winamp but I don't think it's that much better. I just tried listening to an oldies station and the volume was very low.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bobby Vinton
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2018 8:37 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] winamp is on ninite

Just to let you all know win amp is now on www.ninite.com.  I am wondering if the new version is any better than the older versions? Just let me know and I will install it.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.