Re: Sometimes I Can't Stop NVDA

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

You have to admire the creativity of auto spell check sometimes, How a mis spelling of the word sighted, became segregated is anyone's guess.
Still it could have been worse, it could have put in a rude word instead!
grin. Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Sometimes I Can't Stop NVDA

Yes sometimes it seems that nvda is reading an old buffer. I seem to think some recent work is going on in this regard actually, but normally, simply bringing up a menu, then cancelling it will wake up the new buffer. I'm not sure why this sometimes happens but suspect nvda is reading a large amount of text its already buffered for reading and has missed the fact that the text has gone as this is in the web page buffer, not the nvda speech one.
As for announcing about emails coming in, this is what segregated people might see in the tray or via a balloon or whatever alert type is used. I suspect that this can be turned off in two ways, You can do it globally in the settings of nvda, which in my view is dangerous, or in the software that is sending them, ie do not put alerts in ... add where according to the software here!

Dropbox is always doing this as its active all the time and if you have shared folders when somebody changes something on one of those you get an alert about it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rechell Schwartz via Groups.Io" <rechell_schwartz=glic.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 4:50 PM
Subject: [nvda] Sometimes I Can't Stop NVDA

Hello,

Is there anyway to stop NVDA from start announcing my emails when I am viewing a web page?
Also, when I switch to another web page, it still keep reading out the contents of the previous web page. What do I need to do to get NVDA to cancel the old context and switch to the new context?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------- This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.