Re: Switching from Desktop to Laptop Keyboard

Chris

Same here, my laptop has a keypad also,

If you can get away with just using the desktop layout then stick with that option short term

From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: 23 October 2018 17:37
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Switching from Desktop to Laptop Keyboard

I never use the dekstop layout and my lpatop has a number pad. I refuse to use the desktop as the keys are easier to reach and the configuration just makes more sense to me. The switch should be easy and the learningn curve is not that hard, if you practice.

On 23 Oct 2018, at 8:05, Brian Vogel wrote:

Rechell,

           What is the make & model of the laptop?   You should only need to switch to laptop layout if it's a smaller/older laptop that does not have a numberpad as part of the built-in keyboard.  You also have the option of acquiring an external numberpad, and they're cheap and small, if you want some thing portable for travel and happen to have a laptop sans number pad on the keyboard.