Re: copying ocr text on nvda under windows7?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Hank,

The OCR add-on that you're using uses the review cursor to read the scanned text (that's the numpad 7 and 9 keys you are using to read, but there are others as well).  To select and copy text is slightly differently to normal text.  Press NVDA+f9 once at the start of the block of text to be copied, at the end press NVDA+f10 TWICE quickly (the first time selects it, the second time copies it).  Because in many cases, you may not be able to get past the last character using the review cursor, this method copies one extra character past the selection (just something to be aware of).

For the full list of keys and things you can do with the review cursor, you can find them in the User Guide: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#ReviewingText

As an added bonus, the sample chapter of the Basic Training for NVDA happens to be the one on the review cursor, so you can read that freely as well: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvdaTrainingSamples/sample_of_basic_training_for_NVDA.html

If you like it, be sure to consider purchasing the full book, particularly as the chapter after that one covers using object navigation, which is where the review cursor really becomes useful.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 4:25 AM The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
Hello how do I coppy the info on a ocr on windows7 and nvda?

I am able to get to the info using the 7 and 9 keys on the keypad but
have no way to get the info that it is ocr and need it for trouble
shooting purposes using linux under a vm

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube