Re: Msoft Word and some docs in focus mode

Rick

Hello Brian:

The scenario you describe typically happens because, with today's high
resolution, wide-screen monitors, Word can display 2 pages side-by-side. If
this is the case, hitting down arrow on page 1 moves to page 3, and if the
document is only 2 pages long, it does nothing. Frankly, I think this is a
bad design choice for Microsoft.

To fix this, navigate to the status bar (by pressing F6). You may have to
hit F6 more than once if you have some other panes active. Once on the
status bar, press tab until you hear Zoom In. Press the spacebar several
times to zoom in, essentially changing the viewing size of a document. Press
tab one more time to find out the exact zoom level. I find that 130 to 140 %
will ensure that only a single page is displayed.

This should fix your situation. Now that only one page is displayed on the
screen, down and up arrow across page breaks should not skip pages.

Regards, Rick