From: Mary Otten
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] In-Process for 26th October

Remember, your request was only four people to reply with positive. How is it used for? I for instance don’t like it and find it worthless. But I did not respond, because you were looking for positive responses. So the fact that you got 50-50 tells me that there are a lot more who don’t like it then those who do. Those of us who respected your request are screwed. Get rid of it! Or at least make it possible for those of us who have not found it helpful to shut it off.

Mary

On Oct 28, 2018, at 6:54 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Re clickable, the comments from everyone seem divided between "it can be really useful so I leave it on" and "it's really annoying and not useful most of the time, get rid of it".  I think it perhaps also depends on the sites you visit and how readily you turn out of superfluous information being read.  A very good example of that people are much more likely to complain about what doesn't work than praise what does - I think all the feedback we had received on clickable previously had been about how annoying it was and that it read clickable when it really wasn't helpful.

Re predictive text Adriani, I must admit I hadn't used it myself until someone asked last week and I tried it out.  I think if you are proficient with a physical keyboard, it's probably not so useful for an average user on PC where you are most likely already typing on a physical keyboard.  But it could definitely be a lifesaver for some users so it's good that it's there.

On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 5:50 PM Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Its better than saying nothing. Sometimes in the shark these are also
ambiguous, one suspects because the info exposed on what they do is
incomplete and so one has to just indicate they are there to supposedly do
something. I often wonder at the logic of page design when nobody knows
quite what they will get when they use a control.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-