Re: Using Android Studio with NVDA, Java Access Bridge issue

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  Since NVDA is a 32 bit application, you must make sure that the WindowsAccessbridge.dll is placed in your Windows/WowSys64 directory.

1. I presume you would have downloadded the Java sdk, both 32 and 64 bit versions.

2. go to your c:\program files (x86)\java\JDK\JRE\bin, copy the WindowsAccessbridge.dll file, navigate to your windows\WowSys64 directory and paste it in there.  if the "continue with administrator rights" prompt comes up, just press the space bar to continue.  IF you are on windows 64 bit, copy the above dll file from your c:\program files\java\JDK\JRE\Bin and copy the WindowsAccessBridge64.dll file into your windows\system32 directory.  This is useful when you use the 64 bit version of Android studio.  Restart your computer.  Now to test if your java accessibility is working,  go to your Java control panel.  If your java control panel is visible to NVDA, then you are ready to use Android Studio with NVDA.  God bless and cheers!

On 29/10/2018 5:04 PM, Shasa wrote:

Hello NVDA family,

I've been doing research on mobile platform for a long time. I preferred the cross platform. I am very interested in web programming. Especially Frantend.
That's why I chose React Native, and I have enough knowledge of JavaScript. I thought I could move on.

The problem is that there is a communication gap between Android Studio and NVDA. Java Access Bridge board. In the locations of the DLL files, JAB is enabled from the Control Panel.
Log Wiever's main output is:
"" "
INFO - __main__ (14:06:41.262):
Starting NVDA
INFO - core.main (14:06:41.667):
Config dir: C:\Users\Destroyer\AppData\Roaming\nvda
INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (14:06:41.667):
INFO - core.main (14:06:42.214):
NVDA version 2018.3.2
INFO - core.main (14:06:42.214):
Using Windows version 10.0.17134 workstation
INFO - core.main (14:06:42.214):
Using Python version 2.7.15 (v2.7.15:ca079a3ea3, Apr 30 2018, 16:22:17) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
INFO - core.main (14:06:42.214):
Using comtypes version 1.1.3
DEBUGWARNING - touchHandler.touchSupported (14:06:42.476):
No touch devices found
INFO - external:synthDrivers.espeak_custom.SynthDriver.__init__ (14:06:43.084):
Using eSpeak version 1.48.03  04.Mar.14
INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (14:06:43.453):
Loaded synthDriver espeak_custom
INFO - core.main (14:06:43.453):
Using wx version 4.0.3 msw (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.0.5
INFO - brailleInput.initialize (14:06:43.457):
Braille input initialized
INFO - braille.initialize (14:06:43.461):
Using liblouis version 3.6.0
INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (14:06:43.473):
Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.
INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (14:06:43.953):
UIAutomation: IUIAutomation5
DEBUGWARNING - inputCore.InputManager.loadLocaleGestureMap (14:06:44.477):
No locale gesture map for language en
DEBUGWARNING - touchHandler.touchSupported (14:06:44.528):
No touch devices found
"" "

Before configuring JAB, NVDA said, "Java Access Bridge not found."

My system information is as follows:
Windows: 10, 1803;
OS build: 17134.345;
Bit: 64;
About NVDA:
Version: 2018.3.2,
I don't have a setting and plugin to affect JAB.

I made the settings in Oracle's doc:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/accessbridge/2.0.2/setup.htm,
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/access/enable_and_test.htm

This is also Google's document: https: //developer.android.com/studio/intro/accessibility

There is something strange, when I set up the "JDK", it is set up in "JAB". But it says here I have to set up the JAB manually. After the installation of JDK I checked the dll files, all of which are settled in their correct paths. I don't need a dll files copy.
Oracle said that the current versions installed, there is an older version.

Where do you think I'm making a mistake?

If you have friends who are developing with Android Studio, it would be great if they could help me by connecting with NVDA Remote. This problem exceeds my technical knowledge.

And I'm looking forward to the advice of those who have experience writing applications to mobile platforms before. Your contributions will advance me very fast.

Good days, nice uses and nice codings.