Re: strange sounds in Windows settings

Sarah k Alawami

I'm thinkign that is a progress bar. If you have a mic attached or somethingn it will do that. Mine does that all the time, I just turn progress bars off or control tab to the choices section.

On 28 Oct 2018, at 11:01, Giles Turnbull wrote:

Hi all,

I have another curious sound problem with NVDA. Wehn I go into Win10 settings I often get a lot of garbled beeping whilst NVDA is speaking. It does this on my current laptop and it was doing it on my old laptop too.

I've made a short recording as an example becuase it's hard to describe without the audio. It was doing this in the bluetooth settings and the sound settings today.

http://gilesturnbullpoet.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Win10-settings-noise_REC007.mp3

and, in case the post truncates the link, here's a shorter version which you just need to copy and paste into the address bar and delete the spaces: https:// bit.ly/ 2OaTHqv

Is there a reason NVDA does this and is there any way of working around it?

Thanks,

Giles