Re: NVDA and task manager

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

The behavior of task manager is highly dependent on how busy your machine is at the time you end the task.  I've discovered that if the machine is running well, then  pressing alt-E for end task does indeed move you to the next task in the list, because it removes the one you're on.  However, if the machine is busy, then end task leaves the NVDA cursor on the end task column, and you need to tab 2 or 3 times to get back to the list of processes.  I'm guessing this is because whatever event NVDA triggers after pressing end task doesn't fire when the cpu is heavily loaded.  However, simply tabbing back to the correct column allows you to continue along as if it did operate properly.

On 10/29/2018 5:40 PM, Gene wrote:
It isn't clear to me what is happening.  When you press the end task button, the end task dialog comes up and asks if you are sure.  When you answer yes, that dialog closes and the task ends.  When do you see the dialog and if you respond, what happens?

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 8:40 AM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and task manager

before moving to NVDA 20183.x If I deleted a task in task manager it would move me to the next task in line. Now when I delete a task focus moves to the "end task" dialog instead of staying in the list of tasks.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.