Re: WordPress for dummies

Sarah k Alawami

When I started using wordpress in 2011 I mastered the php editing I had to do for my themes with a little help from google. I would save my edits or book marked pages with the code blocks I needed to edit and apply them to every install of wp. It was and is quite easy to use. All you do is install plugins, activate them and you pretty much have a website going in about n hour, 2 hours, depends. But if you google the wordpress codecs you will get a indepth manual on how to run self hosted sites. It's well worth the read.

On 31 Oct 2018, at 21:58, John J. Boyer wrote:

Hi Jackie,

Sorry for doubting your expertise. I'm really just floundering around in WordPress. Suddenly pressing tab has begun to take me out of the editor. It goes to a button called Toggle Panel, not to the Publish box. I have quite a number of comments on the few posts I have been able to make.

I need a tutorial on blogs. Frankly, I don't think WordPress is very friendly to beginners. A mailing list would be much more appropriate for that than the forums.

Let's hear feedback.

John

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 07:54:04AM -0700, Jackie wrote: > John, truthfully, pressing tab just once for me tabs away from the > WordPress visual editor. You do need to press NVDA+space to exit > browse mode. As someone who has done WordPress for 8 years, as a site > owner myself, a hosting provider for primarily WordPress sites, & a > holder of a WordPress Support forum Contributor badge, I'm scarcely > "just guessing". Obviously I don't know what your setup is, ie, if > it's a virtual box where keystrokes may not work as expected, etc, > but > tab does work. You may wish to try shift-tabbing back to the title > box > & again, you'll find it necessary to press NVDA+space. > > On 10/31/18, marcio via Groups.Io > wrote: >> Kevin, >> I think Wordpress and Facebook aren't the same thing. See, Wordpress >> is >> a blog manager platform, whereas Facebook is a social network. >> But of course we can post everything we want both using Wordpress >> and >> Facebook, although I believe there's a different purpose for each >> one. >> >> Cheers, >> Marcio >> >> Em 30/10/2018 22:45, Kevin escreveu: >>> >>> Here’s an even dumber question,  what’s Wordpress >>> >>> And why not just post in facebook, is it the same thing? >>> >>> E-mail is golden!!! >>> Kevin Lee >>> >>> *From: *marcio via Groups.Io >>> marcinhorj21@... >>> *Sent: *Tuesday, October 30, 2018 12:16 PM >>> *To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io nvda@nvda.groups.io >>> *Subject: *Re: [nvda] Dumb question about writing posts in >>> Wordpress >>> >>> Hi John, >>> >>> You're probably on the focus mode. >>> >>> Just get off of it and press tab some times, now you should be able >>> to >>> >>> continue with your post without problems. >>> >>> Hth >>> >>> Cheers, >>> >>> Marcio >>> >>> Em 30/10/2018 15:02, John J. Boyer escreveu: >>> >>>> I'm just getting started with Wordpress. When I write a post the >>> title is no problem. However, when I write the body I >>> >>>> can't terminate the editor and move on to  the next field. What >>>> is >>> the keystroke to terminate the editor? I can't find >>> >>>> that anywhere. Probably that's because it's obvious to the >>>> sighted, >>> but it should have been explained. >>> >>>> >>> >>>> Thanks, >>> >>>> John >>> >>>> >>> >>> >> >> >> >> >> > > > -- > Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe > Jackie McBride > Helping Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time > https://brighter-vision.com > > >

-- John J. Boyer Email: john.boyer@... website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org Status: Company dissolved but website and email addresses live. Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA Mission: developing assistive technology software and providing STEM services that are available at no cost