Re: NVDA and ribbon menues

Gene

You have a problem, as you said .  Most people learn ribbons without a lot of trouble.  It may take them a little time but if taught properly, they don't find them a major problem.  You are discouraging people from learning ribbons.

I am skeptical and suspicious of ribbon removing programs.  I suspect you lose functionality when you try to force one interface to become another interface.  I hope people comment on that.

Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 3:36 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and ribbon menues

This is a huge can of worms. I personally feel that they are dire for blind
users, but some people on here think that once you grasp the concept they
are in fact easy.
 Its a classic case of the way your brain visualises the concepts.
 I did notice Jaws can be set to pretend they are normal menus, but my
feeling here is that since you can use a simple add on to alter them  ie
ribbon remover, then I see no reason why Microsoft do not offer the
themselves, but in a recent interview with Jenny at Microsoft she merely
said, Embrace the ribbon, which I took to mean  they are dogmatically
against it.
 Bah humbug I say.
 Brian

bglists@...