Re: Automatically converting EPUB to EPUB3

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

I've never heard of epub3. If the files are already epub, why do you need to convert them to anything else? Epub files are perfectly accessible all by themselves.

But, to answer your question, as far as I know, it is relatively easy to get calibre to convert to any format you like by default.  Just set the epub3 to your default format, then any file you copy into it's startup folder will automaticlaly be converted into epub3.  It's been quite a while since I've played around with calibre, so I don't know the exact steps for setting formats and automatic conversions and such, but it is possible, and folks do this sort of thing all the time.

On 11/2/2018 3:49 AM, Sociohack AC wrote:
Hello group!
An NGO in my locality provides visually impaired people with free newspapers in EPUB3 format. They use a software called Calibre to download the newspaper and convert it to EPUB, it then has to be converted to EPUB3. It is her they face difficulty, they have to do it manually and they don't have the adequate staff. Can this process be automated? Can EPUB files be converted to EPUB 3 automatically?

All suggestion and shared experiences are welcome.
--
Regards,
Sociohack