Re: Automatically converting EPUB to EPUB3

Antony Stone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB3

I'm not familiar with Calibre on Windows, but on Mac OS/X and Linux, it can be
used as a command-line tool, so these conversions could easily be scripted.

Antony.

On Friday 02 November 2018 at 16:43:38, Travis Siegel wrote:

I've never heard of epub3. If the files are already epub, why do you
need to convert them to anything else? Epub files are perfectly
accessible all by themselves.

But, to answer your question, as far as I know, it is relatively easy to
get calibre to convert to any format you like by default. Just set the
epub3 to your default format, then any file you copy into it's startup
folder will automaticlaly be converted into epub3. It's been quite a
while since I've played around with calibre, so I don't know the exact
steps for setting formats and automatic conversions and such, but it is
possible, and folks do this sort of thing all the time.

On 11/2/2018 3:49 AM, Sociohack AC wrote:
Hello group!
An NGO in my locality provides visually impaired people with free
newspapers in EPUB3 format. They use a software called Calibre to
download the newspaper and convert it to EPUB, it then has to be
converted to EPUB3. It is her they face difficulty, they have to do it
manually and they don't have the adequate staff. Can this process be
automated? Can EPUB files be converted to EPUB 3 automatically?

All suggestion and shared experiences are welcome.
--
Python is executable pseudocode.
Perl is executable line noise.

Please reply to the list;