Re: a new modified nv-speech player

Gene

I just tried the add-on.  I see no voice variatns, and it sounds nothing like Eloquence.  Also, the way many plosive consonants are spoken as a really annoying tinny sound.  I find this extremely annoying to listen to, such consonants as k or t are almost like clicks.  While the actual voices themselves have been improved in terms of sound, the accent and the plosive consonant problem causes the overall quality orf speech to be very poor.

Sent: Friday, November 02, 2018 10:44 AM
Subject: [nvda] a new modified nv-speech player

Hi,

A few years back nv-access made an improved ESpeak that was called nv-speech player. Since then a few people have greatly improved it! I just tried it a few minutes ago and it sounds great! It sounds almost exactly like eloquence, sort of, or maybe keynote gold, kind of. There is other stuff on this site which I will not discuss for legal reasons. And please just ignore that other *stuff*. Just focus on the free nv speech player! First, the website with the modded and improved speech player stuff. Direct link.

http://grossgang.com/tts/speechPlayer%20in%20espeak/

Now here is my favorite version of the speech player addon modified by Jason bratcher. Perhaps, with this new speech player, someone can modify its intonations and make a keynote gold speech player voice? And give it more languages?

http://grossgang.com/tts/speechPlayer%20in%20espeak/Jason%20Bratcher_speechPlayerInEspeak.nvda-addon

more speech player voices.

http://grossgang.com/tts/speechPlayer%20in%20espeak/voices.7z

Sent from Mail for Windows 10