Re: first read all - then react - nvda list has become a chatter group

Not that I don't agree with the central thrust of a great many of your points, Davy, but it is also incumbent on those using Groups.io to also learn and understand the features available from Groups.io to actually control the e-mail stream they receive, up to and including using the Mute this Topic feature.

There are periods of time on any list where volumes of messages go up, sometimes way up, and the topics are not of interest.  You, as an individual user, have immense power and control over what you do and do not receive from any group on Groups.io.  You, for any you, have the ability to very carefully vet the topics you want to continue receiving from Groups.io and can do so with ease.

In addition to a number of the great ideas you suggest, everyone should read, understand, and employ the features they need to control their e-mail stream contained in, Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io