Re: using a pacmate 40 cell display with NVDA

John J. Boyer

I have used a Pac mate display with NVEA with good results. Just connect it and restart NVDA.

John

On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 06:59:55PM +1100, Quentin Christensen wrote:
The info in the User Guide on the Pac Mate here is all I know:
https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#FreedomScientificFocus

It sounds like you might already have that driver but a couple of points to
double check:
- Did you install the driver specifically (even if you have it installed
from Jaws, you still need to install the standalone driver).
- They might not yet support automatic detection but you should be able to
set it on NVDA's Braille display settings page (NVDA+control+g then
control+tab twice to the Braille page).
- Start the display before starting NVDA (you may not need to but it won't
hurt).
- Reboot the computer.
- Make sure Windows recognises the display. If I have my display turned
off, and turn it on while Windows is running, it advises me it has loaded
the driver for it, like it does with a USB stick. (I don't have a Pacmate
though, so YMMV).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head for now.

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 6:53 PM Andre Vosloo <avosloo1@...> wrote:

Hi list

What driver do I need to use my Pacmate display with NVDA? I downloaded
the Focus driver but NVDA will not recognize the display.

regards

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager