Re: NVDA and Bitcoin

Hope Williamson <isepic@...>

I do know this much about bitcoin. It all depends on where you transfer them  after you buy them. The exchange, the service that converted your currency to BTC, can keep them for you. However, this is not secure because quite a few exchanges have been hacked over the years.

    You can also transfer them to a hardware and/or software wallet. I haven't actually bought bitcoin, so I really don't know the state of software wallets when it comes to being usable with NVDA. It might be something worth experimenting with, with an extremely small amount of Bitcoin.

On 11/7/2018 3:48 PM, Giles Turnbull wrote:
Hi all,

although I know what Bitcoin is and how it works, I have no clue about actually buying any Bitcoin. Has anybody else tried this and is it generally easy enough to do with NVDA? I understand your Bitcoins live in a code-protected Bitcoin wallet ... are they useable with screen reading software?

I'm writing a storyline for my creative writing course and it involves Bitcoins ... I figure it's probably best to get an idea of the process of buying whatever fraction of a Bitcoin £10 buys, and tracking it's value over the course of a couple of weeks.

Any ideas and suggestions gratefully received :)

Giles