Re: To Turn Fast Boot OFF so that the Windows Start Sound plays upon starting up from a shut down

Jeffrey Shockley

Hi,
I don’t know if this has been brought up already, but for this to work, you also have to go into Sounds in Control Panel or Settings, not sure what it’s called in Windows 10. But you have to go in there, find the “Sound Schemes”  tab or is it “themes?” I don’t remember exactly, but you have to find the “Play Windows Startup Sound” I think it is checkbox by using Tab and check it. Then, click OK.
Hope this helps,
Jeffrey

On Jun 4, 2016, at 4:26 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

        One disables Fast Start through Control Panel, Power Options dialog, "choose what the power button does" link.  Then, once on that page, there is a link at the top that says "Change Settings that are currently unavailable" which, once activated, makes the Checkbox for "Turn on Fast Start (recommended)" able to be unchecked (it's checked by default).