Re: Question About Portable Installation of NVDA

Ron Canazzi

Hi JOe,

I thought of that just after I sent the message. It was a drive letter issue. It's solved.

On 6/4/2016 5:13 PM, Joe Paton wrote:
Hi Ron,

Might this be a drive letter problem? Can you check with narrator?

Just some thoughts late at night in the uk.

Joe

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 16:59:14 -0400
"Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com> wrote:

Hi Group,

Well, I got my new old back up computer--a Windows 7 with 4 GB RAM and a duel core processor.

I do not have speech on it. This was semi-deliberate. That is to say, the seller wasn't familiar with that type of thing. I got the system set up and it boots into Windows; no problem. I thought I'd be cool and advanced and create a portable version of NVDA to gain audible access to the system. I created it from the 2016.2 installer no problem. I placed it on a USB drive and created a shortcut so that when I heard the Windows sound on the new system for USB active, I could just press the corresponding first letter to navigate to the shortcut and press enter. It worked fine on my new main system. I tried this on the new old system and for some reason, It doesn't work. When I highlight the shortcut that i created which begins with an exclamation point, and press enter, nothing happens. What could I be doing wrong?

-- They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"