Re: Amazon Buying Links Disappeared

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

If you're using NVDA, getting to the purchase link is about as simple as it can get when web designs are broken.  All you need to do is tab until you find the buy now button/link, then use the NVDA key in combination with the shift and the numpad minus key (the one in the upper right corner). That will move the NVDA cursor to the keyboard position.  Then press NVDA-numpad enter, and the button will be pressed.  I've already writte this on this list at least twice before, and yet, it keeps coming up.  I have no idea why amazon broke their site, and I have no idea why this method works with the key combinations it does, but nonetheless, I've been quite successfully purchasing and borrowing via kindle unlimited for several months now since the change happened, and I assure this method works just fine.  I read several books each month, and kindle unlimited is a large portion of that read count, so I know of which I speak.  Nothing says you need to tab from the top of the page, use the page down key, use the arrows, use anything you like to get close to the purchase/borrow links, then for the final adjustment, use the tab key, it will get you where you need to be, then use the NVDA-shift-numpad minus to put the NVDA cursor there, then use the NVDA-numpad enter to click the button, it works every time.

On 11/8/2018 9:33 AM, kelby carlson wrote:
You can get to it with the navigator object, but you still can't click on it. It's been this way for at least a couple of months.