Re: DELETING MULTIPLE E-MAILS IN GMAIL

Heaven,

            Just a word of warning about trying to do mass deletes via an e-mail client:  They will often bog down and go into "Not Responding" mode under Windows when there are thousands upon thousands of messages to deal with.   I have recently been assisting several clients with e-mail client changes, both to Outlook and to Thunderbird, and both "get cranky" when the scope of messages selected is really, really large.

             If you want to do a big time purge I strongly suggest using Gmail's webmail interface and the instructions I posted earlier.  Even using that method you can sometimes see Gmail take a bit of time before coming back after the Delete is triggered, but it doesn't result in a hung program.