Re: how to set nvda auto read

Gene

You are pausing speech with shift.  that isn't the stop speech command.  Control is the stop speech command and it does nothing else.  Try using just control, then moving the cursor, then resuming reading.

Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to set nvda auto read

After pressing Shift and moving the cursor in between, pressing NVDA key a, starts speaking speaking from the current cursor position instead of the new one. Actually I'm writing a script under global plugin where I need to skip a few lines(for example), so I call the nextLine function in a loop, but I do not want NVDA to speak meanwhile. Only when it reaches the desired line, it should speak. How should I achieve this function?

Regards,
Shradha