Re: espeak issue fixed

Sharni-Lee Ward

Brian, try listening to the Linda voice. I use Linda, as up until this
update, she was the only female voice I could stand, and I'm so used to
her that I can't handle any other voice for long periods, even with this
issue. Listen to words like "updated" and "message" and "notice" for the
problem I'm having. I use the default English voice and my inflection's
at 100%, if that helps any.

I confess I was so desperate to get rid of the problem that I didn't
think before acting. I'm still extremely wary of doing this again, but
if a more concrete solution is provided, I'll test it out on a portable
copy as has been recommended.

On 5/06/2016 5:53 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Well, often its a very good idea before any kind of fiddling like this
to create a portable version from it as it is in a folder you can get
to easily. That way, you can in fact get back quite easily I find.
This Espeak issue is weird as nobody I know who uses it here has any
issues. If this is just perhaps in one language other than UK English
this would I imagine point to an eror in the data.
As for why it screwed up, many reasons for this one. It only needs one
file to not copy or there to be other errors, and the engine will just
give up. Often another synth will work though.
I guess its a bit like gambling. Only gamble if you can afford to lose
your money/data in this case.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.