Re: Question About Portable Installation of NVDA

Gene

Try using Narrator and see if a message comes up that you need to respond to to allow it to run.  It could be UAC or something else.

Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2016 3:59 PM
Subject: [nvda] Question About Portable Installation of NVDA

Hi Group,

Well, I got my new old back up computer--a Windows 7 with 4 GB RAM and a
duel core processor.

I do not have speech on it. This was semi-deliberate.  That is to say,
the seller wasn't familiar with that type of thing.  I got the system
set up and it boots into Windows; no problem.  I thought I'd be cool and
advanced and create a portable version of NVDA to gain audible access to
the system.  I created it from the 2016.2 installer no problem.  I
placed it on a USB drive and created a shortcut so that when I heard the
Windows sound on the new system for USB active, I could just press the
corresponding first letter to navigate to the shortcut and press enter.
It worked fine on my new main system.  I tried this on the new old
system and for some reason, It doesn't work.  When I highlight the
shortcut that i created which begins with an exclamation point, and
press enter, nothing happens.  What could I be doing wrong?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"