From: Pete [mailto:emac00@...]
Sent: 08 March 2016 20:28
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] java access bridge

hi
two things about manually activating java access bridge on windows.
Depending on 32 or 64 bit version of windows the windows access bridge
32 dll file needs to be copied to the windows system32 folder for the 32 bit
windows version and the windows access bridge 64 dll file needs to be copied
to the windows syswow64 folder for the 64 bit version of windows.
Additionally the accessibility.properties file in the Java \ jre [what ever
version U have] \ lib folder needs to be edited and the lines for the access
bridge need to be uncommented.
For some unknown reason to me the java installers do not copy the windows
access bridge 32 or 64 files to the system folders on windows.
I also found the ease of access applet not to be effective in enabling java
access bridge.
I participated in an access bridge discussion in the past on this list.
Apparently no one knows why java access bridge is not fully installed by the
java installers. Not sure who is developing java now but no one has seen
fit to write me back with answers to my questions about this.
Pete

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832