From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:42 PM
Subject: Firefox Quantum and add-ons

I've seen occasional comments about add-ons being unusable in Firefox Chrome by blind users.  I had hoped that there would be improvbement in time but today, I tried to run Noscript and found it completely inaccessible.  I am not using a recent version of NVDA but I doubt that matters.  If it does, I'd like to know.  If the lack of access to these and other add-ons is as extremely poor, nonexistent, to call it what it is, that I experienced today, where does one report such matters or try to get something to be done?

I did a Google searche for something like add-ons not accessible Quantum Chrome and a few other searches but I didn't find one relevant result.  I didn't even find messages from user discussion pages I would have thought likely to show up in results.

So I have two questions:
Are things as bad as they seem, complete inaccessibility for add-ons, and is any of this improved when using newer versions of NVDA?  I can't use recent versions because none of my machines support them.  I could make my Windows 7 machine support them by installing Service Pack 1, but I'd lose access to a program that is dconvenient to have now and then.  I also almost never use that machine online.