Re: Firefox Quantum and add-ons

Well its why I still use waterfox, some sites complain about old engines like github but they still work.

On 11/15/2018 12:17 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well yes but some useful add ons are simply no longer made for the new one. One is navigational sounds. To my mind it would be trivial for Mozilla to insert  optional sounds in their own code, particularly for click a link/button etc, and page loaded and end of download.
Thiose are the main reason I use Waterfox.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum and add-ons

Here's what I found out.  Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't change anything.  The problem was that I was using a very slow connection for a bit and I didn't realize how slow it was.  I was notified that Noscript had been added but it hadn't been.  When I went through the procedure again, it was and it is accessible.  So I now know that Quantum itself doesn't cause accessibility problems if the add-ons are designed to be accessible.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

I had thought that when Quantum was introduced, it might have degraded add-on accessibility even if the add-ons should be accessible but that might not be the case.  I've seen very little discussion of this and the very little I'd seen seemed to imply that but as I said, that may not be the case.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:57 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Gene,

Your best bet with regard to add-ons (Firefox) or extensions (Chrome) is to contact the developers of each.

I am confused by "Firefox Chrome" (as the two browsers are disjoint) as well as "Quantum Chrome" as Quantum was the name given when Firefox dropped Gecko as its rendering engine, but not for Chrome.  Chrome and Quantum are unconnected.

Of course, in the land of web coding, the only thing that's going to get any attention is what is current or upcoming. They'll never go back to previous versions of a given add-on/extension that have been supplanted.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.