Re: [EXTERNAL] - [nvda] FireFox and Other Browsers

Joshua Crary <JCrary@...>

I use internet explorer and sometimes will switch temporarly to firefox if explorer is giving me trouble. I have never only used one dedicated web browser.

At the same time, I use my Iphone for some browsing and online services, as the rendering in IOS with voice over loads much more quickly and with much more accessibility than in a browser form on a desktop or laptop computer. For example, NVDA and going thorugh paypal on a desktop or laptop is a bit more cumbersome than when I grab my Iphone and send money by paypal thorugh safari.

I miss the good old days of awful and boring web sites that were all basic html.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Russell
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:51 AM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] - [nvda] FireFox and Other Browsers

Hello Group,

In response to the posts by Gene, it is my understanding that FireFox
63 is not all that readily user-friendly for totally blind persons using a screen reader. I do not understand the reasons. I have been recommended to switch to Google Chrome and say bye-bye to FireFox as it is easily hacked and the changes made are seen as disastrous. That from an acquaintance who earns their living doing tech support. As to 'accessibility' if you can find articles from Intopia or Webaim that relate to FireFox and such, that may be your best bet. Each organization is heavy into accessibility interest.

If I follow through with this recommend, Do I need mouse clicks to open GMail attachments if using Chrome as my primary browser?
And, is Thunderbird compatible with Chrome?

Of note, I found in a dated NVDA post from 2017 that Sophos was recommended as an Anti-virus program. In an attempt to download, it would not complete on my end and was said to be corrupt. Be careful with that one if considering Sophos. Thanks.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@gmail.com

Caution: This email originated from outside of Roxbury Community College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.