From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Russell
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:51 AM
To: nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] - [nvda] FireFox and Other Browsers

Hello Group,

63 is not all that readily user-friendly for totally blind persons using a screen reader. I do not understand the reasons. I have been recommended to switch to Google Chrome and say bye-bye to FireFox as it is easily hacked and the changes made are seen as disastrous. That from an acquaintance who earns their living doing tech support. As to 'accessibility' if you can find articles from Intopia or Webaim that relate to FireFox and such, that may be your best bet. Each organization is heavy into accessibility interest.

If I follow through with this recommend, Do I need mouse clicks to open GMail attachments if using Chrome as my primary browser?
And, is Thunderbird compatible with Chrome?

Of note, I found in a dated NVDA post from 2017 that Sophos was recommended as an Anti-virus program. In an attempt to download, it would not complete on my end and was said to be corrupt. Be careful with that one if considering Sophos. Thanks.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@gmail.com

Caution: This email originated from outside of Roxbury Community College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.