Re: FireFox and Other Browsers

Gene

Using the latest NVDA doesn't matter in general.  If you are among the group that has problems using Quantum, I don't know if it would make a difference.  I doubt it but I don't know,  I use Quantum with an old version of NVDA.

Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:22 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] FireFox and Other Browsers

I'm using Firefox 63.0.1, and have very little trouble with it. I'm using Windows 10 with latest updates. I"m using NVDA latest alpha, if that matters.

On 11/14/2018 8:50 AM, David Russell wrote:
Hello Group,

63 is not all that readily user-friendly for totally blind persons
using a screen reader. I do not understand the reasons. I have been
recommended to switch to Google Chrome and say bye-bye to FireFox as
it is easily hacked and the changes made are seen as disastrous. That
from an acquaintance who earns their living doing tech support. As to
'accessibility' if you can find articles from Intopia or Webaim that
relate to FireFox and such, that may be your best bet. Each
organization is heavy into accessibility interest.

If I follow through with this recommend, Do I need mouse clicks to
open GMail attachments if using Chrome as my primary browser?
And, is Thunderbird compatible with Chrome?

Of note, I found in a dated NVDA post from 2017 that Sophos was
recommended as an Anti-virus program. In an attempt to download, it
would not complete on my end and was said to be corrupt. Be careful
with that one if considering Sophos. Thanks.