Re: FireFox Advice from Intopia Article

Gene

The right click menu must have been removed from NoScript.  You can set the program by working with options in the add ons dialog in firefox.  I don't know why the menu is no longer present.  If it wasn't technically possible to keep it in Quantum then that's just the way things are.  But if it was dropped and it didn't need to be, that was a really bad decision.

From: John Isige
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:51 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] FireFox Advice from Intopia Article

Well, here's some up-to-date information instead then. I'm using Firefox
63.0.1 64-bit, NVDA 2018.3.2, Windows Windows 18.03 64-bit, and it works
fine. Even the weird Youtube pauses have pretty much stopped happening.
The only complaint is that some addons, like Noscript, seem to fluctuate
in terms of accessibility, but I'd guess that's more the addons than
Firefox, since before I uninstalled Noscript, it wasn't even showing up
in the right click menu.

I don't seem to have any issues from uninstalling Noscript in terms of
security, and indeed Chrome doesn't have something like Noscript that I
know of, certainly not by default anyway, and nobody's urging people to
add that to Chrome immediately. So I guess it's up to everybody to
decide what they want for security, but for me it's been a few months
with Noscript either disabled or uninstalled, and things seem to be fine.

I won't go so far as to say everything's fixed or anything dumb like
that, especially since there's a lot of stuff I don't use in terms of
addons and such, e.g. I don't get all freaked out that I don't have
download noises, but I'd say that article's absolutely correct for the
majority of users. You can fire up Firefox and pretty much have the
experience you were sued to before Quantum happened. It's possible there
are some edge case issues, around addons for instance, but I'd say by
and large, it's back and working as well as ever, if not better.