Re: DELETING MULTIPLE E-MAILS IN GMAIL

Shweta Mishra

hi friends!
you can delete multiple emails in g mail in basic HTML view by creating filter.
for more information please visit,
https://smallbusiness.chron.com/easy-ways-delete-multiple-messages-gmail-74699.html

I normally run that script I posted about every 5 or so years and put
that * there. Then it will remove everything from 2-3 years back. This
way I have a 2-3 year window to work for for disputes etc. This filter
will by the way take all night to run but it does work and work well.
This is by the way how you can I think remove all emails or multiple
emails from certain labels as well. I don't know how to apply that to
the script but it is an option.

On 10 Nov 2018, at 8:14, Brian Vogel wrote:

What I don't get is why you'd ever delete anything from anywhere other
than "All Mail" (the archive).   If you are archiving absolutely
everything then deleting from the inbox will never delete anything in
reality, as you've found, as what's deleted will still have presence
in the archive.  Anything in Gmail that has two labels on it isn't
going away.  Only stuff with the trash label that's been assigned
that label for 30 days will be deleted "naturally."

You can, of course, do manual purges, too, but I don't understand why
one would do that other than from All Mail.

I don't generally archive anything.  If it's to be kept it sits in
Inbox and I can easily find it via a search.  But, to each his or her
own.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763

*The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in
ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant
lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking
about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack,
on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and
five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq —
how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable
fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.*

      ~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with
Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

--
Work Hard In Silence, Let Success Make The Noise.