From: "Tony Malykh" <anton.malykh@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:15 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA is slow with Outlook

Hello all,
I am trying to set up a new laptop for my work, and I encountered a
few problems with Outlook. One of the problems is that NVDA reacts to
keystrokes with a delay. For example, in the list of messages when I
press up or down, I only hear NVDA speaks the next/previous message
after a second. I am aware of preview pane and I have disabled it, so
that's not an issue. I have also disabled preview of messages directly
in the messages list.
Another problem is that occasionally the entire Outlook app enters a
weird state where I cannot read anything - standard navigations
command don't work. Up/Down, Tab or F6 does nothing. However, if I
restart NVDA, then it's working again.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on and how to fix it?

I tried narrator and it works much better - at least it responds to my
keystrokes almost instantly.

I'm running latest NVDA, latest Windows 10 and latest Outlook. I
disabled all the add-ons. This is a brand new laptop. It's got plenty
of CPU and memory, so this is not a hardware issue.

Best
Tony