Re: Inconsistency in Windows Explorer

Well I got another issue like this.

Tried to run my virus updater, followed by dropbox which does actually bring up a slightly slow responce because its a big program then tried to open file explorer.

Nvda simply decided to lock though me trying things had the system respond, so I knew it wasn't dead, the system wouldn't allow me to do anything though for at least 10 minutes, eventually nvda came back and I was able to reboot the system.

I didn't want to turn it off in case I screwed things I probably just overloaded my 3rd gen i5 core, its been struggling with huge programs so who knows.

On 11/16/2018 9:23 PM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
can anyone relate to the following?
I have hit enter on a folder in Windows Explorer, and instead of
announcing the name of the first item in that folder, NVDA remained
silent. I pressed NVDA+F1 to see what the navigator was pointing to,
and got the log snippet below. Any idea what's happening?
Please note that this does not seem to be the issue I previously
reported. The folder I switched to was not empty.
Best,
Felix

*** log begins here ***
Developer info for navigator object:
name: ''
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
states: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
isFocusable: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
hasFocus: False
Python object: <baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA object at 0x04DD4490>
Python class mro: (<class 'baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIItem'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.ListItem'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
location: None
value: ''
appModule: <'explorer' (appName u'explorer', process ID 1904) at
address 4c5e5d0>
appModule.productName: u'Betriebssystem Microsoft\xae Windows\xae'
appModule.productVersion: u'6.1.7600.16385'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 131824
windowClassName: u'DirectUIHWND'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 0
windowText: u''
displayText: exception: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x39496f0 at 4d953a0>
UIA automationID: Exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
UIA frameworkID: DirectUI
UIA runtimeID: (1904, 203647488, 0)
UIA providerDescription: [pid:1904,hwnd:0x0 Main(parent
link):Unidentified Provider (unmanaged:EXPLORERFRAME.dll)]
UIA className: Exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
UIA patterns available:
*** log ends here ***