Re: rh-voice

John Isige

There not bad. They're a little more monotone, that is, they're not
robotic but I don't think they do as many tone changes for punctuation,
they do tone changes mostly at the ends of sentences, rather than in the
middle. I don't think they can do pitch changes for capitalization. The
rate can only go so high, probably comparable to the fastest default
one-core rate that you can get from NVDA if you haven't changed the
one-core voice speed to make it go faster. I don't know that I'd use it
as my primary synthesizer, but that having been said, they're pretty
usable. If the addons could be updated they'd make a pretty good
portable voice for older systems I think. They're worth trying anyway,
you can always uninstall it if you don't like it.

On 11/16/2018 17:47, Don H wrote:
How do these voices compare to Microsoft one core?

On 11/16/2018 5:31 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:51 PM, John Isige wrote:

    It's possible the addon isn't compatible with the latest NVDA.

Given the age of the project and its major updates this is almost
certain to be true.  Lots of stuff being worked on currently, but
it's doubtful the add-on is one of them.

*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the
need for illusion is deep./*

           ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/