From: "Felix G." <constantlyvariable@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2018 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Inconsistency in Windows Explorer

Hello Joseph,
I tried latest alpha, and while it might be happening less frequently,
it still does happen. As it is a rare observation to begin with, I
cannot say if its frequency really decreased.
Taking the risk of repeating myself, I would like to emphasize again
that fixing this issue would dramatically improve the perceived
stability and maturity of NVDA. Again at the risk of repeating myself,
if there is anything I can do to help track this down, I'd go out of
my way to do so. Twice if needs be.
Best,
Felix
Am Fr., 16. Nov. 2018 um 16:31 Uhr schrieb Joseph Lee
<joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>:

Hi,
I'm curious to know if we can have some people try out latest development snapshot and see if it resolves this?
Cheers,
Joseph

On 2018-11-16 2:23 AM, Felix G. wrote:
Hello,
can anyone relate to the following?
I have hit enter on a folder in Windows Explorer, and instead of
announcing the name of the first item in that folder, NVDA remained
silent. I pressed NVDA+F1 to see what the navigator was pointing to,
and got the log snippet below. Any idea what's happening?
Please note that this does not seem to be the issue I previously
reported. The folder I switched to was not empty.
Best,
Felix

*** log begins here ***
Developer info for navigator object:
name: ''
role: ROLE_LISTITEM
states: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
isFocusable: exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None))
hasFocus: False
Python object: <baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA object at
0x04DD4490> Python class mro: (<class
'baseObject.Dynamic_UIItemListItemUIA'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIItem'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.ListItem'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.UIA.UIA'>, <class 'NVDAObjects.window.Window'>,
<class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObject'>, <class
'documentBase.TextContainerObject'>, <class
'baseObject.ScriptableObject'>, <class
'baseObject.AutoPropertyObject'>, <type 'object'>)
location: None
value: ''
appModule: <'explorer' (appName u'explorer', process ID 1904) at
address 4c5e5d0>
appModule.productName: u'Betriebssystem Microsoft\xae Windows\xae'
appModule.productVersion: u'6.1.7600.16385'
TextInfo: <class 'NVDAObjects.NVDAObjectTextInfo'>
windowHandle: 131824
windowClassName: u'DirectUIHWND'
windowControlID: 0
windowStyle: 0
windowThreadID: 0
windowText: u''
displayText: exception: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
UIAElement: <POINTER(IUIAutomationElement) ptr=0x39496f0 at 4d953a0>
UIA automationID: Exception: (-2147220991, 'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen
Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None, 0, None)) UIA frameworkID:
DirectUI UIA runtimeID: (1904, 203647488, 0) UIA providerDescription:
[pid:1904,hwnd:0x0 Main(parent link):Unidentified Provider
(unmanaged:EXPLORERFRAME.dll)] UIA className: Exception: (-2147220991,
'Ein Ereignis konnte keinen Abonnenten aufrufen.', (None, None, None,
0, None)) UIA patterns available:
*** log ends here ***