Re: Can't always blame NVDA

John J. Boyer

Microsoft has caused a lot of trouble with their updates. One of the latest turned off Bluetooth on my laptop computer,
so i couldn't get Braille output. My computer maintenance organization had to remote in and turn it bck on. My desktop
machine was also behaving strangely after a recent update. I couldn't get any Braille output until I turned it off with
the power button and then back on. Three boos for Microsoft.

John

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 12:05:59PM -0700, Jackie wrote:
This week my computer became really unresponsive to key presses. It
was right after a Windows 10 update, so I was blaming some sort of
incompatibility between W10 & NVDA. I was going to roll it back, but
for some reason I decided to do another test first & plugged a USB
keyboard into my laptop. Guess what? All the unresponsiveness
disappeared! Just goes to show sometimes that events surrounding
things like unresponsiveness, ie, such as an update, may be purely
coincidental & merely serve to throw a smoke screen. Troubleshooting
can be a real b-word, & I guess it's just best to keep all the
possibilities in mind. This was addressed to no one in particular.
Just sharing an experience on a Saturday in hopes it might help
someone on their troubleshooting journey.

John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA