From: "Stephen Costigan" <stephen.costigan@outlook.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading Charts

Hi Gene,

Thank you for the response.

I am sending the reports from my mobile to my laptop and wanted to see if there was a way for my laptop to read them out to me because at the moment I have my wife reading the data from the charts to me.

Not to worry, thank you.

Stephen

18/11/2018 14:09, Gene wrote:

No screen-reader can read images. There is no written text to read. Maybe you could use OCR to make the charts readable for a screen-reader but if accuracy matters, I have no idea how accurately the numbers would be rendered and you would have to check numbers that look wrong or not routine.

But I don't understand the question. You said you want to send the charts. Aren't you sending them to a sighted person? Why does it matter if NVDA can read them?