Re: Internet radio software recommended for use with NVDA?

Gene

I haven't checked that interface much.  the search interface, where you search for a station by typing something like a country is different but similar to many applications.  Now, instead of just typing, there is a search button in the interface.  I don't know why you only see three stations or how you are looking.  I typed South Africa into the search field and searched.  I didn't count how many stations were found, but I downarrowed more than twenty times in the list and I was still moving to new stations.  I am using the newest version.

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 4:50 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Internet radio software recommended for use with NVDA?

Well, for example, it seems to think that here in South Africa, there are only like 3 streaming radio stations?

Besides that, the genre/locality browsing interface is rather clumsy, but, suppose that might just be due to me being somewhat used to the previous interface.

I'll probably give it a try again, but, like said, doesn't help that it seems to think that there are only 3 radio stations under the South African locale, where the prior version shows up to something like 70+, but anyway.

Maybe I will be able to copy the listings across versions as well - who knows.

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
On 2018-11-19 1:54 AM, Gene wrote:
What didn't you like about the interface?  You don't have to pay to use it because of a design flaw or bug, whetever it is.

After the demo period runs out, if you open the program and start it playing, it will be fully functional for a few minutes.
Then, an ok button will come up.  If you have already decided to listen to a specific station and have it playing, it will play that station until you activate the ok button.  The program will then close and the default web browser will open to the Tapin site.  of course, you can just close it.

To keep the playlist current, use the search for updates feature at intervals.  I haven't tried to see how often updates come out.  My impression is something like once a month or two.

Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:18 PM

Asking this since the older, free version of tapIn radio was perfectly
usable, but, they've now updated to what seems to be a paid-for version,
and while it's station listings will be kept up to date, the older
version will start lacking functional entries in the station listings.

Now, while I understand paying for worthwhile software, I tried out the
demo version of the new software, and, didn't like it's reworked
interface, and, secondly, I don't see why I should pay for something
like this if there are free alternatives that people would recommend?

So, suggestions on what to try out?

Would be nice if you could record it's output via the software, but,
that's not the end of the world, since the main thing is being able to
browse station categories/catalogues, being able to then control
playback, audio output, etc. etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker