Re: wonder vs. wander

Gene

I usually don't spell-check messages.  I read them before I send them to check for words that sound misspelled but also to make sure what I wrote is clear, accurate, such as commands given during describing a procedure, and not clumsily worded.  I may start spellchecking them as well but my main concern on e-mail lists is not to have spelling errors that are more than minor and to have clear writing and accuracy.  Rereading before sending is important in all those respects.

From: Gene
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] wonder vs. wander

I'm writing as a moderator to explain my thinking about the message.  Of course, if the owner disagrees, that will be the controling decision.

While it is generally not done and not considered proper, I think you are overreacting.  For one thing, I see this error with native English speakers.  I don't recall seeing it with non native speakers.  Since this sort of discussion never takes place on the list, I let it pass.  a little variety is enjoyable and may stimulate thought and awareness.  No one was flamed.  No one was disparaged.  These days, being offended by everything is a cultural passtime and fixsture.  I don't see anything offensive in the message.