And yet, there is still some percentage of blind folks who have not learned braille at all, claiming they don't need it.

They sure are missing out. Reading braille and having specific spellings ingrained onto the brain simply by the sheer repetitiveness of taking in words via the fingers is well worth the slower reading time.

But as someone else also rightly pointed out, inept teaching can also cause the same issues. Honestly it comes down to proofreading. Take 30 seconds and proofread the message - I see countless messages with actual missing letters or spaces that any screen reader, much less braille display, picks out.

On 2018-11-19 12:40 PM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:

Which reminds me, in Spanish, I’ve seen blind people spell stuff wrong like in Dropbox, they have written stuff like Dropvo. The funniest one I’ve come across was instead of Firefox, they wrote Firefo. I know we shouldn’t laugh at these, but I mean withoutBraille/ready Access or someone sighted to tell them the correct spelling, what or how would they know the correct spelling of these terms? IN thepast, I’vecorrected them, but have gotten beaten of that I’m a perfectionist etc., or thatai want to show mysuperiority, which I’d never do such a thing.

                                                                                              Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

From: Rick

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 5:21 AM

Hello Travis:

I find your email to be quite insensitive. As you are probably aware, this
list is comprised of people from all over the globe, many of whom are not
native English speakers. I am always impressed when people are capable of
speaking an additional language other than their native tongue and
criticizing them for grammatical mistakes on a list not focused on
grammatical correctness is petty and unwarranted. It is also off topic.

Rick