Re: wonder vs. wander

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 01:21 PM, Kwork wrote:
NVDA is saying awl words correctly, if exaggeratedly at times.
Any time you hear a speech synthesizer saying something "exaggeratedly" that should be a big, honkin' warning that something's off.

Kudos, though, on this post.  It was extremely clever.  I do, however, believe that one should be able to hear the difference, even in synthesized speech in the middle of a sentence, between pro deuce and produce (as but one example).  There's also the question of whether we're talking produce as a verb or noun, as the stress is on the second syllable in the first instance and the first syllable in the second.  That being said, the speed at which many blind individuals can understand voice output from screen readers just astounds me.  I could no sooner wrap my head around speech that fast than fly to the moon using my own arms as propulsion.  If you have speech produced at ear blistering (for me) speeds then the elisions between two short words and a single word with the same phonemes becomes much harder to suss out.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back