Re: Gramarly for Firefox and conflicts with NVDA

I'm relatively new to Grammarly, but I really like the add-on.
I'll explore here, too, and see if I can find a solution to this.
Testing with the update status field I had the same result you wrote, it seems the error only occur in the messages' section.
Anyway, thanks for your help! :)

Cheers,
Marcio
Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email
Add me on Skype
Follow me on Twitter
Follow or add me on Facebook
Ask me something on CuriousCat

Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)

My WhatsApp

Em 21/11/2018 08:18, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

Interesting.  If I am writing in say the update status field on m.facebook.com, if I type "I have an hat." (and then try not to press enter so my friend's don't think I'm weird), I don't get any indication moving through the text, but if I go to next object, I get "1", which is grammarly's button indicating there is one err or (an hat instead of a hat), If I go to the previous object, I get  "an hat" and then "I have", as if it's separated the error text from the first part of the sentence.  I'll have to explore further.

Either way, I can use NVDA+spacebar to jump between browse and focus mode without issue.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 9:03 PM marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Quentin,
To change the mode I use NVDA+spacebar, what gives me a error every time I try until I restart my browser.
I noticed it writing on the m.facebook message field, do you know?
No, I can't see the red lines you said, even not knew about them lol
I tested it writing something wrong and then I clicked where was writen "protected by grammarly", something like this.
After the second click it showed me some suggestions to the word I've typed.

Cheers,
Marcio
Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email
Add me on Skype
Follow me on Twitter
Follow or add me on Facebook
Ask me something on CuriousCat

Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)

My WhatsApp

Em 21/11/2018 07:11, Quentin Christensen escreveu:
Hi Marcio,

I do have the Grammarly add-on active in Firefox, but I don't seem to have any problem switching between browse and focus modes.  I don't normally use NVDA+enter to do it though - do you have a particular site you need to do that on?

If I go to say google.com I can move in and out of the edit box changing the contents of it as I like.  Even with automatic switching between modes disabled, I can enter and escape to change modes, or NVDA+spacebar and it all works as it should.

My other question is, do you have enough sight to see Grammarly's red lines, or have you found a way to detect what it has highlighted with NVDA?  Because I've never managed to get it to work with NVDA.  It doesn't break anything for me, but I just can't get NVDA to see what it is flagging anywhere.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 7:30 PM marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Hello folks,
Anyone here is using Grammarly add-on?
If so, you might already know what it's like.
If not, let me try to explain.
Grammarly was supposed to be a spell checker, what it really does and very well.
What happens, however, is that the add-on is conflicting with NVDA on the exchange between focus and browse mode.
Every time I try to write something with this add-on enabled, I'm not able to do NVDA enter in the field so  I can type. So, if I want to type anything, I need to restart Firefox, aim the field and type without exiting, since once I do it, goodbye, I will never again be able to do NVDA let me type on the field.
 Well, the add-on is really very good, but if I can't find any way to solve this problem, surely I will prefer to let it disabled as I'm doing right now so I can type normally and without troubles.
If anyone uses it or even have any possible solution, please give me a hand. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Marcio
Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email