Re: NVDA not read anything in any browser.

Tejas Bendre

I try this but not help.

On 11/19/18, hurrikennyandopo ... <hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi

The tool should of fixed the problem. After you used it did you shut down
the computer properly or just restart?

Before the tool was made I used the following to fix it on my windows 10 64
bit machine.

It basically said if you are having these problems and tells you what to do.
it must be done to the letter.

Troubleshooting - NVDA says “unknown” or “pane” in all of your browsers,
Mozilla Thunderbird email client and other places
If for some reason you have problems with NVDA saying “unknown” or “pane”
check for the following symptoms:

In all of your browsers, or the Mozilla Thunderbird email client, no matter
what you do, you still hear “unknown” or “pane”.

In the browser, email client and other menus you notice you cannot get into
your menus, or you are unable to use the quick navigation keys

When you have been told the page is loaded and notice strange behaviour

Mozilla Thunderbird saying unknown while you try to navigate it

Your applications key does not work with it being spoken out and other
strange behaviour in Windows

The running applications icons are not being spoken out
It might be a good idea to do the following:
Please note: If you are hearing “unknown” or “pane” (as discussed above)
NVDA might seem like it is still working properly but it may not be
completely in Windows and other programmes.
You could try the following solution which will allow you to re-register
your dll files in case they are causing the problem.
Press the Windows key then type the following into the search box. Type in
“command prompt”. Once you have located command prompt, in the search
results, press the Applications key to bring up the context menu. Arrow down
to select “run as administrator” and press the Enter key. This will take you
to a command prompt window. This will not be spoken out. You may need
sighted assistance for this.
Type in the following command
for %x in (c:\windows\system32\*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %x
This should re-register all components in the system32 folder.
When it is finished, you can close the command prompt window with the Alt +
F4 key. You should notice now where NVDA was saying “unknown” as in some
examples given, NVDA should now read the icons in the running applications
area of Windows, speak the content of the webpage and menus, and also in
Mozilla Thunderbird and other places in Windows including the Windows
applications context menu.
Run COM Registration Fixing tool
If you are getting any of the following problems below - with Windows
unregistering some of the files needed by NVDA - the following tool section
in NVDA will get you out of trouble. To access this tool press the NVDA key
+ letter N while NVDA is running. Arrow down to the tools menu. A submenu
will come up. Arrow down to the menu called Run COM Registration Fixing
tool... then press the Enter key. It should register the files needed by
NVDA.

Gene nz

On 20/11/2018 6:42 AM, Tejas Bendre wrote:

I am useing windows 10 64 bit home single language.
and i not uninstoal any softwear.
I also try nvda_snapshot_alpha-16247,fbae6b0b portebel verjun.
one more thing nvda also not reding contest menu.
and this is happen only with NVDA.

On 11/19/18, hurrikennyandopo ...
<hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi

could i ask what the last bit of software was that was uninstalled and then
you noticed it happening?

By the way are you running a 32 or 64 bit operating system and which
version?

I was wondering if maybe it might of been the mathshtml add on that might
of
caused it or when you uninstalled say office?

Gene nz

On 16/11/2018 2:06 AM, Tejas Bendre wrote:

I try this.
but not get sukcess.

On 11/15/18, hurrikennyandopo ...
<hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com><mailto:hurrikennyandopo@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Hi

have a look under the tools section in NVDA and look for a menu called Run
COM Registration Fixing tool... then press the enter key on it. I can not
remember if there were steps after it but it should reset the files and i
think the computer also has to be rebooted as well.

If it fixes the problem you should be able to use the browser as you were
before it happened.

Some times it would also affect the running application on the task bar and
say unknown etc and do some other weird stuff.

There is no documentation for it in the user manual but I think there
should
be so people know what it is for.

Gene nz

On 15/11/2018 7:34 AM, Tejas Bendre wrote:

Hello guys,
facing big problem with NVDA.
I am using Dell laptop With Windows 10 1803.
NVDA latest 18.3.2 version.
Whenever I open any browser NVDA not read anything it's just saying
unknown and unknown.
so this is happen with NVDA only.
I try JAWS but JAWS working fine.

Actually same problem i was face with 1703 version.
but afther update in 1803 laptop verks 2 3 days.
and now same problem i am faceing.
i tryed all browsers.
So can anyone help me.

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
material

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the
NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you,
please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material