Re: Need help with help.

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Hi Max. If you not aware already I’d learn using your NVDA hotkeys for browsing on the web. If you are also a JAWS user H for switching to different headings is one key to get you started. Now you should be able to press enter on the links within the user manual. I’ve done this successfully with Edge and Firefox. Try that out and let me know how it goes.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of MAX <max@...>
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2018 12:02:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Need help with help.

Hi All.

It appears this list is not like some others I was on briefly.  I haven’t been flamed for asking a stupid question or been told to go look it up.

Here is my problem.  When I select help from the NVDA menu and then user guide my browser opens and I am on the table of contents. Then I down arrow to 5 navigating with NVDA.  When I press enter or space bar nothing happens.  I have to scroll the screen and click the mouse.  But that’s not all.  I can see that the screen changes but NVDA continues reading the table of contents.  I printed out the entire user guide and put it under my CCTV reader but that takes a lot of time.  I have tried the NVDA key + numpad keys and I can move to the desk top and back to the table of contents but I haven’t figured out how to move to the page which is displayed.  This effects other sites as well but this seems like the best example.  I am using windows 10 and Microsoft edge which should be the latest versions because automatic update is turned on.  Can someone get me out of this catch 22 situation.

73 (Regards).

Max K 4 O D S.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.