From: "Raha Tehrani" <raha.tehrani1362@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:34 PM
Subject: [nvda] some unsolved problems about NVDA

Dear all.
as you all know, NVDA 2018.4 is on the way. at the moment, the
developers' version is available to check for probable problems.
there's a problem which I have seen with different versions of NVDA.
it won't say anything in Visual Basic in Microsoft visual studio. I
have tried it on Microsoft visual studio 2010. it's fine with the
design area. but it keeps being completely silent while the text
editor area is on the foreground. I have no account on Github. but if
you have one, please let them know about this very significant
problem, so that it can be fixed in the next release. it's kind of
important. because you can't simply edit what you write within the
text-editing environment. as a result, programming gets difficult on
visual basic in microsoft visual studio 2010, using NVDA. please do
tell the NVAccess team about this major problem. note: this is not the
case with JAWS. it's fine with VB in MS Visual Studio 2010. you can
easily move with design and text-editing area with jaws. therefore,
you can easily edit what you've written in the text editor
environment.

let's keep in mind, this is not the only case.
NVDA crashes as you let it get updated out of addon updator but
mannually restart it.
as you know, while using addon updater, it lets you know when there
are addons to update, after installing, NVDA asks you to let it
restart. if you choose yes, NVDA will restart, but after rebooting,
you will see a couple of NVDAs on the system tray. if you press enter
on one of them it will disappear. if you say no, and then you will
mannually exit and reload NVDA, it will crash after a few seconds, and
won't reload unless you sign out and sign in again.
I should mention that all these cases have taken place in windows 10
18.9 64 bit latest update.
thanks again.
take care.