Re: NVDA&Amazon problem

Gene

Carret Browsing Mode has nothing to do with a screen-reader.  It is a browser feature and is of no use to blind users.  If NVDA key 7 causes your browser to ask about carrote browse mode, it is because your browser isn't working with NVDA properly and it can't execute the NVdA command to bring up the links list.  Sometimes, the only reasonable thing to do when problems arise is to use another browser.  If the problem only occurs on one site, then you can use a different browser on only one site.  We will probably never know why this obscure problem occurs on your machine using one web site, one browser, and NVDA.  At this point, the question is, what happens when you use another browser?

From: Bob J
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2016 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA&Amazon problem

Well, I have tried that in the past and I tried it again, just now.

What happens after I press NVDA+spacebar

I can use the arrow keys to review the display, however, when I stop on a
link, such as SIGN IN, and press numpad8 I hear a very long line of what
sounds like the code used to build the website display.  And, if I press
NVDA+F7, I am asked if I want to switch to karet-browsing mode.  I have
tried that without success.

I have considered uninstalling NVDA and reinstalling, however, This behavior
began while was still running NVDA version 2015.4, so, I thought that
installing NVDA 2016.1 might resolve the problem.  No such luck!  I have
tried resetting NVDA to factory defaults, also, without success.

Mystifying, not to mention, frustrating!

I'll attempt any other suggestions.

Bob